Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hollatchyaboy.

Photobucket
2009 is going to be serious.

I was bumping the new NASA album titled The Spirit of the Apollo that I picked up yesterday and remembered that Shepard made a nice video for one of doper tracks on the album called “Money." The album is ok,it features some big names such as David Byrne, RZA, Ghostface, MIA, Lykke Li, Santogold, and Kanye. When I saw the line up of artists I will admit I thought the album would be a little crazier but it bumps no doubt. Here is NASA’s video for “Money” made by Shepard Fairey.



So I guess we should talk about Shepard Fairey. I have been avoiding report on his recent stir because the rest of the world seems to be doing a good enough job. A lot of people seem to be asking my opinion on the issue given that urban street art holds a dear place in my heart. Well first off, if people are talking this much about him he is doing a good job. When you have people that love your art and at the same time you have people that want to kill you for your work you’re definitely following the “Becoming a Famous Artist for Dummies” correctly (for all you hipster pussies that book fortunately doesn’t actually exist). Most of you probably know that Shepard Fairey currently has a show in my home town of Boston at the ICA and was recently arrested for an old warrant and his recent work around the city. His poster work is up everywhere and in some thorough spots. My opinion goes as far as if you got big spots I’m down. He has been gettin up in the streets for years and gets mad spots worldwide. He takes it to the next level and his art is beautiful. I had a feeling the Boston Vandal Squad would eventually take action against him. I mean he was throwin it right in their face which I fully support. Illegal shit bares consequences, it is a question of are you willing to pay them? I am. Getting arrested on the way to my show at the ICA would be a dream come true. Go peep his exhibit and talk about it. It will stimulate your head khed.


Photobucket

No comments: