Monday, December 8, 2008

World Go Round

Photobucket
So most of you know I have the heart of a Rasta but certain aspects of my life have forced me to leave their version of higher meditation out of my daily routine. Believe me I have burned enough erbz to conquer the summit of Mt. Zion a few thousand times. I can still channel that spiritual paradise without smoke as long as I have the right sound.

Itation Records originally started as a sound system in Burlington, VT and has made its way to Oakland, CA. My boy Pete Chillz hooked up the new Itation Records “World Go Round” Riddim #14 produced by Dread Lion. I had heard of Dread Lion when I was living in Burlington but lets just say that period of my life was kind of hazy. The mix features beasts like Pressure and Sizzla to up and coming artist like Rocker T (a personal favorite of mine) and Ras Matthew. It has been a while since new reggae has got me this fired up. This mix is unbelievable.

www.itationrecords.com

Kali Blaxx “One Smoke” my favorite track on the mix. In the video Kali is in the back of the cop car in handcuffs just tryin to spit love and erbz. I had to wipe a tear away when I saw that.


Throughout the riddim Dread Lion drops props to Satori Movement. Satori Movement is a skate/clothing company located in California. Satori has that “natural” look featuring clothing that is made for every day wear and if you run out of erbz you could try rolling it up as they are constructed primarily from hemp material. I like some of their sweaters but this look is one that you have to pick and choose your moves through.

www.satorimovement.com
Photobucket

No comments: