Friday, January 9, 2009

Hope

Photobucket
1/8/09- “Hope”

Last night I got home around eleven from a night of some pretty righteous spiritual growth and a lovely sushi dinner with the old man. When I go a night without drawing it bothers me but I needed to go to bed. So I sat down for fifteen minutes put in my newest Amadou and Mariam album and drew the first thing that came to mind. The song “Politic Amangi” is my favorite track of their album titled "Dimanche & Bamako." I want their newest album “Welcome to Mali” pretty bad but it has not arrived stateside as of yet. “Hope”, a word you here a lot these days was the first thing that came to mind when this song came on so I ripped a quick version of it. Hope as defined by Mr. Obama is the "belief that there are better days ahead". I can get with that fa sheez.I know I already posted Amadou and Mariam this week but in 2009 the theme of STAABB is what is truly going on in my life not whats new or cool. Babylon system is a fraud. Music like this has potential to motivate people to change the world. One.



One of STAABB’s top homegirlZ, MoniKa hooked me up with this video. This is a Sony commercial featuring Jose Gonzales’ version of “Heartbeats” originally by one of my favorite artists, The Knife. This is one of the coolest commercials I have seen in a while. I would of never guessed that this was not made with a computer. I would love to head to Winchester this weekend and unleash 250,000 bouncy balls down Madison Ave.

1 comment:

Liz V said...

I remember when you drew out my name. Kept it on the door of my room for a solid 5 years. Miss you STTTAAAAABBBB :o)